The High-Security Series Tandem Turnstiles are engineered to meet the most demanding security and control requirements and are ideal for tight-space situations where large numbers of people need to be authenticated for entry. They are essentially two single turnstiles in one frame which saves significant space. We offer two sizes to meet your opening requirements the 94” wide HS427-T and the 102” wide HS430-T with the standard size 30” openings.
Tandem turnstiles can function as stand-alone units or as part of an integrated system. They can be fitted for any application with leading-edge technology and features, and integrate with most card reader systems and biometrics. Like our other full heights, tandems feature auto-indexing and have two self-centering rotors along with two 6500 Series Control Heads – certified by Intertek to conform to UL standards.
The HS400 models are available in a variety of sizes and can be crafted in your choice of galvanized or powder-coated carbon steel or stainless steel (304 or 316 for extra corrosive resistance) finishes. Powder-coated units come in a variety of colors.
*2 Control Heads required for Tandem Turnstiles. Select the option at checkout for Electronic Controls.
DIMENSIONS & DRAWINGS
*Our recommended clearance is a minimum of 8” above the cover to enable removal and allow access to the control mechanism. For projects with tighter clearances, we recommend using either a split or hinged cover.
**The HS427-T and HS430-T standard units have 1.5″ tubing, but are also available with heavy-duty 1.75″ tubing as models HS427-T-HD and HS430-T-HD.
Colored end caps are also available as an option.
- INTERIOR or EXTERIOR
- Locate where you may or may not have a guard present
- Can function as stand-alone units or as part of an integrated system
- Tandems are ideal for situations where you need many people to move through a portal in a short time but have space restrictions
- Nearly universal integration to any number of access control systems
- Can be interfaced with optional LCD counters, computer attendance systems, card readers, push-button and wireless remote controls
OPTIONS FOR THE Hs400 SERIES TANDEM
- Home Position Switch – Additional limit switch provides a SPDT output while at home for security integration
- Proximity Sensor Upgrade – Replaces limit switches with proximity sensors for part longevity
- Bidirectional Key Override Set for Manual or Electric 2-Way Units – Allows the turnstile to be locked independently in each direction with a turn of a key
- Card Reader Mounting Plate/Enclosure (1 per electronic direction) – For mounting most standard card readers
- Decorative End Caps – Colors come in black or safety orange
- Heel Guard Arm Covers – Available color is black
- Full Canopy (Stainless only with Box Tubing Frame) – Mounts on top of unit
- Half Canopy/Yoke Guard (Powder Coated) – Semi-circle that attaches to unit. Covers passageway only.
- Half Canopy/Yoke Guard (Stainless) – Semi-circle that attaches to unit. Covers passageway only.
- Cold Weather Package – Includes 250 Watt Thermostat Controlled Heater and Insulated Mainframe
- Lockout Bar (out of service lock) – Prevents rotor from turning (padlock not included)
- Base Plate (galvanized) – For portability of unit; HS427 & HS430 models only
- Single or Double Push Button (installed on-site)
- One Channel 900 MHz Wireless Receiver (one per direction)
- One or Two Button Wireless Key Fob Transmitter
- Daylight Visible Indicator Lights – A tri-color (R/G/Y) indicator light. Most models only use R/G.
- Battery Back-Up – 12ah battery kit with 2x 12VDC batteries & 2 amp 24VDC charger
- Matching Filler Barriers – Used to complete passage area. Standard barrier height is 91”. Standard barrier width is up to 36”.
- Powder Coating Over Galvanizing Upgrade
- 316 Stainless Steel Upgrade
- Carbon Steel – Galvanized (GV)
- Carbon Steel – Powder Coated (PC)
- Carbon Steel – PC over GV
- Stainless Steel/Satin Finish (304):
Ideal for food service, manufacturing, hospitality, anywhere that aesthetics are important
- Stainless Steel/Satin Finish (316):
Ideal for coastal areas, marine applications, areas exposed to corrosive chemicals and/or chloride (de-icing salts)
- Stainless Steel models are also available with Powder Coating, Call to order.
CONTROLS / CONFIGURATION
*If operating electronically, Tandem Turnstiles require two Control Heads. Select the option at checkout for Electronic Controls.
- Manual Both Ways
- Manual One Way / No Passage in Opposite Direction
- Electronic One Way / Free Exit
- Electronic One Way / No Exit
- Electronic Both Ways
*Each electronically controlled direction can be configured as FAIL LOCK (fail secure) or FAIL OPEN (fail-safe) upon power loss.
This turnstile operates with the durable 6500 Series Control Head. This flexible, easy-to-service modular control system allows for our units to be configured to meet your unique security needs.
*Contact us for a freight quote.